After many weeks of my mom nagging me to write something up on her blog, I decided to take Kaite's challenge of writing a few interesting, unknown facts about me..here we go.
1. The farthest place I've ever traveled is Asbury Park, NJ. Either that or the Bahamas, I don't really know which is technically furthest from here.
2. My favorite subject is math, I love it. On paper, it comes naturally..but apply it to real life and I'm lost (physics!).
3. One of my most recent embarassing moments was last week: I was in mid-sentence and I totally drooled all over myself. Only two of my friends were there and saw, and of course I laughed it off, but it was terrible.
4. My favorite color is green.
5. I love the smell of crisp, new books and rain.
6. I have an irrational fear of elevators and grating my fingers in the cheese grater (weird, I know).
7. I have a lot of OCD moments. I like having things even, organized, and neat.
8. One of my dreams is to someday study medicine. Even more than that, I'd love to be a contemporary dancer.
9. When I was little, my best friend Emily and I would play 'jungle' by the huge oleander bush in her front yard and we'd make strange concoctions from things we found outside. We'd also go outside and have picnics together a lot. Man those were the days!
10. In third grade I was frequently chosen to clean our guinea pigs' cage along with two other kids in my class. Why that was considered a privilege, I have no idea.
11. I refuse to eat eat seafood.
12. I'm a very picky eater sometimes. Among my long list of NO'S are chocolate, popcorn, eggs, hot dogs, pickles, and turkey. And yes, I am at least a little American.. I love apple pie :]
13. I dyed my hair last year and I hated how it turned out. This is what it looked like. (Jennifer used me as a sort of candid model that day. There are other pictures of me modeling up there too.)
14. Like Katie, I get really tense listening to people eat. I can't stand the sound.
15. I dream very elaborately about new outfits, accessories, makeup, and hair styles & cuts I would love to have. Yet my everyday look always seems to consist of jeans, a plain shirt, mascara, and eyeliner with my hair down.
16. I'm the only child in my family who actually likes eating my vegetables.
17. I randomly remember dreams I've had years ago every now and then.
18. I love getting acrylic nails. They make me feel fancy.
19. My all time favorite flower is the star gazer lilly. I think it looks cool.
20. I have a very good photographic memory.
21. One of my favorite experiences on a vacation was when I went snorkeling with my dad in the Bahamas..even though I was clenching onto him the whole time because I'm terrified of fish and sea grass (I'm not sure what it's actually called).
22. I was on the swimteam this year.
23. I cannot stand going to girls camp.
24. I also modeled for Kirk Hays. He's painted one painting of me and is currently working on another for a gallery showing in September I believe. I'm excited to see what it'll look like. (If you want to see those too click here. Go to Painting Journal. There are a few pictures of the most current one so far.)
25. I hate to admit it, but my mom says I watched Barney all the time when I was two.
26. When I go out to eat I usually end up just ordering chicken. I try to branch out but it rarely ever happens.
27. I listen to music 24/7, its my addiction. I love finding new bands and listening to new sounds.
28. When I was younger, I had a recurring dream about a scary mailbox.
29. On October 28th, 2003 I was in a car accident and crushed one of my vertebrae. They called it a chance fracture, sounds pleasant right? I wore a back brace for over three months. I also had severe damage to my intestines and had major surgery a few days after the accident. I have a nice 5+ inch scar up my stomach ;)
30. I can do a weird human trick, I can fold my ear inside itself.
31. Running and writing are my best vents for stress.
32. I have no idea what I really want to be when I "grow up".
33. I have never cried watching a movie.
34. I hate reading.
35. I too can get very competitive but Katie seems to have beat me on this one..I'm stumped on what else to write about myself. Congratulations, haha :)
Well, thats me.
Anyone else who wants to take the challenge is welcome to.