Wednesday, July 17, 2013

conversations with 3 years olds

I filled in teaching a Primary lesson to 3 and 4 year olds on Sunday. The lesson was on helping our brothers and sisters, especially if there is a baby.  The lesson included a story about Joseph Smith. These are the comments during the lesson:
"I have another thing to say."
"Fish have bones."
"Brother Hale! Brother Hale! My hair is brown." (They all know and love "Brother" Hale)
"My mom is going to have a baby when it stops making her throw up."
"Yeah, but I don't know which color he is - if he will be white or Tongan"
"I have another thing to say."
To another little boy in the class: "Are you going to grow up to be a mom? or a dad?"
"I helped my brother one time, but I wasn't Joseph Smith."
"And I have another thing to say . . . "
"Bless Daddy, and bless Heaven and . . . . . WAIT! EVERYONE CLOSE YOUR EYES! . . .and bless Mommy . . . "
"I didn't cry today!"

6 comments:

Lauri said...

Hahaha! Good that you could laugh rather than be annoyed

bandanamom2 said...

Were these all mostly Grace? Because I sense a theme here. :)

Madeline Wagner said...

Gotta love primary kids! They crack me up every week!

Cynthia said...

Yes, mostly Grace, . . . but Jack had a lot of "another thing to say"

Suzanne Barker said...

LOVE THEM!

Robyn said...

Haha, I love Grace. And Jack. That age is hilarious.