But I am glad August is done because:
- There was excessive heat warnings and an average monthly temperature of 107 degrees and a high for the month of 117 degrees.
- Dave had a big pipe installation job during the excessive heat warning days. He was working in fiberglass insulation, in a hot attic for hours and hours each day.
- We had a lot of car problems with each of our vehicles. The last hour of the month, in fact, Rachel had a dead battery and a flat tire within 45 minutes of each other.
- There was an unexpected death in the family that brought some heartache.
- We had some unexpected travel expenses (fogged in airport, missed connection flight, had to buy a second set of last minute airline tickets for three people).
- We had to do a lot of changing of insurance - cars, truck, business. That is always a hard project.
- I had a very painful (and expensive) root canal and other miscellaneous (and expensive) dental work.
- Roxanne's wedding has been called off. It was a difficult decision, but seemingly the right one. Things ended on friendly terms, but still a heartbreaking thing to go through.
- Brady wrote a couple of letters home and expressed some struggles. He will get through them just fine, but I sure wanted to pick up the phone and talk with him.
Here's hoping September is a little cooler and a little less expensive.