Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm going to fight for union benefits on this job

We needed a new roof this year. It's going on this week and guess who the hired hands are? Dave and his trusty assistants, Melanie and I.Dave called me outside to come look at something the first evening. I walked out into the backyard barefoot and he suggested maybe I shouldn't be outside without my shoes on just yet until we run the magnet through the grass a few more times. A few sweeps across the yard produced this. I wish we had a 7 year old on our block. I would have paid good money to have a kid drag a big magnet around the yard all afternoon. What kid doesn't like magnets? Oh and this project has given me lovely construction worker hands. I've also realized I have a little bit of a fear of heights. I can stand at the edge of the Grand Canyon with a rail to hold and be fine, but I'm not so comfortable on the edge of the second floor roof.

Good thing for sunny skies this week (luckily that is what is in the forecast most days of the year).

2 comments:

Lauri said...

You make sure you go get a manicure and a pedicure when you're finished with that project.

Robyn said...

We're not QUITE on your block, but Thomas would have done that job for $1. Next time! Sorry you had to go to my early morning meeting for me. I owe you an ice cream or something.