Thursday, March 5, 2009

a thursday morning photo shoot

There were some curious things in the desert this morning. For instance, a somewhat unusual hiking outfit on a nearby hiker. I hope he didn't mind (didn't know) that he was being photographed. He was wearing a turban, a draping robe type thing, and simple rubber flip flops on his feet. I almost forgot to take my tennis shoes to class with me to change into this morning so I would have been out hiking in a skirt and flip-flop type sandals, too. (Remember when we were kids and we used to call flip-flops "thongs"? haha)
I saw this on the side of the foot path. What the heck? There isn't a road for a half mile in any direction. How exactly does a tire end up in the middle of nowhere?




Then, a most curious item . . . a pair of jeans discarded off the side of the hill. Hmmm. I can't think of a possible explanation.






I only had my phone camera with me, so low quality photos, sorry. But You can see a person WAY down the trail. It was a woman wearing pink and red pushing a stroller up a very steep trail. She was bent over at the waist giving her all to that stroller on the incline. Surely she didn't realize it was a steep road and would soon turn back.
I walked a few minutes more then looked down again to see the stroller lady again. Where did she go? Surely she went back down to her car. Wait -- SHE'S PASSING ME!!!






Last but not least, there was a sighting of a very tight t-shirt and a pair of quite comical implants. But I decided against that photo opportunity.

While I was walking, I was also listening to a book by Barbara Kingsolver "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle". It's a non-fiction book. The topic is very interesting, but the narrator's voice on the audio is a little bit annoying. Sadly, I think it is the author, herself. I enjoyed my morning. Obviously I was not in a hurry, though I should have been. I had about 27 hours of work that needed to get done in our office today. It is late in the evening right now and my office work is still not complete. I'm having office work issues today. Can I quit my job? Please??

7 comments:

Suzanne Barker said...

Fun photos Cindy! You know I saw Barbara Kingsolve to a reading at Changing Hands years ago and her voice seemed fine then. Maybe it's just a full length book that's annoying. She just did a part of a chapter when I saw her.
so you are the skulking photographer?

Cynthia said...

It's not that the sound of her voice is annoying, it's just that she reads all sappy sweet and the words are over pronunciated. (I don't know how to say that word or spell it probably).

Bandanamom said...

When are you guys doing the discussion on this book again?

everyday katie said...

I'm glad I was not on that trail. I'm sure you would have found something to make fun of me for and my picture would have been up here, too.

I have a friend who always exercises to books on tape, too. She says she exercises longer because she gets so into it.

Anonymous said...

Going, goin, going! When it is such nice weather, it seems to be a crime to have to do "office" work! Good luck, I hope you get it done!

Anonymous said...

I guess I left the house in a hurry and forgot I was wearing my Snuggie...

I Am Boymom said...

Maybe the guy in the bathrobe didn't wanna get his clothes all stinky and sweaty? Or maybe he gets to the top and strips down to his loincloth to meditate? And shame on you for having enough scruples to not take a pic of the comical implants. Now we have to wonder.