Monday, March 9, 2009

melanie-isms III

Me: Look, that policeman has a very precise haircut.
Melanie: Everything about him looks perfect. He is like a Barbie Police!

Melanie (when asked to pick up trash around the front yard): Why don't we just wait for nature to take it's course and let the wind blow it into the neighbor's yard?

Melanie and I worked at a Girl Scout Cookie booth in front of a grocery store. When we got done, I suggested we step inside and get a bite to eat.
Melanie: "Here? What's to eat here?"
Me: Um . . . it's a grocery store. The entire store . . . is full of food.

Melanie mowed the lawn today. It is now full of crop circles.


I'm not sure what happened here, but it involved some general mayhem and a lot of scotch tape.
(It's NEVER boring at our house when Melanie is around.)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Was the scotch tape self-applied?
2. Notice any funny static-signals in the house after the crop circles appeared?
3. Keep glasses of water handy...

love that krazy girl!

everyday katie said...

I just bought three rolls of scotch tape for the road trip...just sure each of my crazies would enjoy their own roll. Looks like you don't have to be under 5 to think that's fun.

Unknown said...

I love her!! She is hilarious!

The Riding Family said...

Melanie is so fun to have in YW's. She definitely adds a unique twist to the group.
About the biker bars...we made a stop at them all (let by Bishop, of course).
I don't think there was any significance to the 204 miles...just happened to end up at that amount, I guess.

Lindsey said...

Lezlee are you making a Signs reference because you like the movie or hate it? Either way....every time Nathan complains about all the water glasses on my night stand, I tell him I am preparing for the aliens.

Ok-I'm pretty sure I want to be Melanie's best friend. The comment about the trash in the yard made me laugh so hard that Nathan gave me a dirty look.

Lindsey said...

Also- I love your hike pictures. I can think of a couple of explanations for those jeans. And maybe the guy in the turban was rolling the tire and got tired of it. That seems perfectly likely to me.

Lauri said...

That girl knows how to have a good time. I wish I was as funny as her...however, I'm not taping my face.

Unknown said...

It is so fun to have that kind of a personality in the family. She is always so happy and upbeat, I love that about her.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! My stomach hurts from laughing so hard!! I was there too and it's still funny!! Oh man, gotta love that girl.

amelia said...

Oh, she is funny. I may have to agree on the grocery store, Melanie - you have to MAKE food you buy there!

I Am Boymom said...

I need melanie to come hang out at my house for a few days. We could use some jocularity around here. Or aliens...either way.

Melissa said...

I have a daughter who mows the lawn the exact same way! Maybe it's some sort of teenage code!

Cynthia said...

teenage code?? hahaha
i think i started crying i was laughing soo hard when the tape was applied

_yours truly, melanie_