Tuesday, January 20, 2009

roxanne, explorer extraordinaire

I love that the mountains are greening up. It's only the middle of January, and the days are warm (almost too warm) and everything is turning green again . . . well, as green as it ever gets around here.
Roxanne and I went hiking this week. I asked her how long or how far she wanted to go. She agreed to go anywhere I wanted, so we went on quite a hefty hike - just short of 3 hours. Did she get tired? no. Sore? no. Oh to be a teenager again. It was fun to spend a few hours with her. How can you live in a house with someone and not really have many opportunities to slow down and talk? I think we've got to do this more often.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey super hiker, how do you stay so motivated? And why is it they never get sore?

Anonymous said...

Hey super hiker, how do you stay so motivated? And why is it they never get sore?

Lorie said...

How fun! I love doig one on one stuff with my kids!

Lauri said...

Sounds like a fun day. I went hiking on Monday too. It was nice to see so much green in the hills. I couldn't believe how warm it was though.

amelia said...

"Almost too warm" WAAAH I'm jealous. I need some sun, Utah.