Katie played the "I have a whole lot of weird quirks" game and tagged Lauri , Mike , Rachel and I'm hoping Jeff will list his too. I'm thinking this was a ploy to see how unstable our family really is. (If we are giving points out on this one, I say Rachel and Mike win. haha)
Here are mine:
1. I need ice in everything I drink. Every day I fill a half cup of water and put it in the freezer, so I can pour some water in it when I'm thirsty and have a cold drink that stays cold for hours with a big chunk of ice in it. I even put ice in milk, which my kids think is gross. Ice makes my milk icy cold, but I have to drink it right away because it has to be cold, not diluted.
2. This probably just comes from living in the desert, but I love to have air movement around me. There are ceiling fans everywhere in our house. I feel kind of claustraphobic when I sleep in someone's home and there is no air conditioning, no fan, no open windows, no breeze.
3. I think about dying more than I think I should - and not in a 'looking forward to it' kind of way. And I am nervous about other people dying. I think it is on my mind more than it ought to be.
4. I'm scared of not hearing my alarm clock. I set my cell phone alarm too. Currently they are set about 2 minutes apart. All this week I have actually fallen back asleep in those two minutes.
5. I can't get my mind to clear at night unless I read a book. Poor Dave has had to fall asleep with the light on for years. Fortunately for him, he is usually asleep before he even hits the horizontal position or gets his head to the pillow.
6. On a related note but completely on the opposite end of the spectrum - I can fall asleep at a moment's notice when I sit on a plane, in a car, on a bus, or quite often on the couch. Why does my mind shut down so easily in the middle of the day, but not at night when it's time to go to sleep?
Anyone else want to play?