Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dave, the random repair guy

Dave left early this morning to do some service for a member of our church. A single woman we will call Sister "Johnson" had some shingles blow off her roof in that huge storm we had a couple weeks ago. He picked up a couple packages of roofing shingles, grabbed his tool belt, loaded up a ladder and headed down the road. He drove up to her house, easily saw the damage from the street, hopped up on the roof and repaired about 20 shingles.
Then he got down, rang the doorbell and a man answered the door. Obviously confused at who was answering the door, he asked:
"Is this the Johnson's house?"
"No."
"Oh, sorry."
And he walked away.

Good deed for the day -- $50
Surprise for the man on the next block -- Priceless

14 comments:

Lauri said...

Too funny! The man who got a free roof repair must be thrilled!

Bandanamom said...

Did he tell them he'd repaired the roof? That's hilarious.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!! ;)

Cynthia said...

No - he didn't say anything. But surely the guy knew. Dave was hammering away on their roof for goodness sake. Were they renters and thought the landlord had sent someone over? Maybe they just figured it was manna from heaven and didn't want to interrupt.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Dave's such a good guy anyway, it was bound to happen! So did he still go do the "Johnson" roof?!

Cynthia said...

No, he went over to do it, but someone else had already repaired it during the week.

Shannon and Tupou said...

Too funny! Dave is such a great guy, in fact, your whole family is a bunch of saints. My deep thanks to Roxanne yesterday for driving all over town! I didn't realize it would be such a chore when I enlisted her help. It's like I always say - Them Hales is good people. There's a special mansion up above for your family...hopefully one that will require no remodelling or reroofing so you can have a little rest :)

Suzanne Barker said...

SuperDave Strikes Again!

Autumn said...

How my gosh! I LOVE it! hahahaha

The Lord works in mysterious ways? hehe

Cynthia said...

Hahaha that just makes me laugh

Unknown said...

-from me

Andymann said...

He can accidentally fix my roof anytime.

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! I'm glad I found your blog from Laurie's. Now I get to peek in on you and make sure you are staying out of trouble!

Jennie said...

hey how come I'm not on your blog as one of the COOL people you are related too?!?!? Is there something your trying to say to me?!?! hehe JK but you better add me dang it!