20 years ago:
- I had an adorable 18month old.
- was the last time I got a traffic ticket.
- we just moved into an old decrepit abandoned house that was falling apart. But it was ours -- all ours!
- we had an 11 year old, a 9 year old, a 6 year old and a 3 year old.
- I ran a daycare group.
- we built a second floor on our house.
5 years ago:
- I had a daughter that could drive!
- I became an eagle scout (c'mon moms - you know you earn it as much as your sons.)
- I was doing some subsitute teaching at my kids' school.
3 years ago:
- I started working from home.
- we traveled to Hawaii and Alaska.
- I was teaching Relief Society.
- I refinished 9 wooden dining room chairs.
- I went on a fun road trip with my sister.
- I had my first vacation all by myself. (Family traveled to Idaho, I had some scheduling complications so I couldn't go. It was a blissful week!)
This year so far:
- we worked on some remodeling.
- I taught early morning seminary.
- I traveled to Nashville, Provo and Catalina.
- I took care of some office paperwork.
- I hung a shelf in the laundry room.
- I organized shelves/cupboards in laundry room.
- run errands - Home depot for a/c filters, bank deposit, drop off stuff at DI
- watch "So You Think You Can Dance"
- attend a seminary training meeting.
Tomorrow I will:
- sent out collection letters for our business.
- post some ads on Craig's List.
- find a book I'm supposed to be reading. (I had it once, but left it on an airplane last week)
In the next year I will:
- organize all the storage spaces in our house.
- be a better visiting teacher.
- enjoy this transitional stage more - kids graduating, moving out, etc. and figure out how to be a mom to adult kids (any suggestions are welcome).