Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thankfulness, daily list for 30 days of November.



I am grateful for a DVR. I grew up with TV yes, but not videos or any on demand type of viewing. If you wanted to watch a show that came on Wednesday evening, you needed to be parked on the couch on Wednesday evening.

I am grateful for siblings in such a quantity of ways that I can’t even list.

I am grateful for best friends (yes, plural). Couldn’t live without them.

I am grateful for postage stamps. For the mere cost of 55 cents, I can send an envelope to anyone I know anywhere in our country.

I am grateful for nearby hiking trails. Today I spent 90 minutes alone in the beautiful desert winter air, listened to 2 podcasts and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I am grateful for “This American Life” podcast. My favorite.

I am grateful for a super hard working husband who occasionally can slow down and enjoy a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle all day long.

I am grateful for a very comfortable mattress. I realize how comfortable our bed is when I get to a hotel with a hard stiff mattress.

I am grateful for bags of ready made salad in the grocery store. Prepping vegetables keeps me from eating enough salad.

I am grateful for a fresh Christmas Tree in our living room. I love the smell of the greenery and I love the collection of family memory ornaments on it.

I am grateful for old friends. I recently attended a high school reunion. Winslow Arizona produced some good people.

I am grateful for our church family. I love the feeling of community when I walk in the doors of our church.

I am grateful I can play the organ (although I don’t play well and I consider myself a ‘fake’ organist). I recently attended church with Rachel and watched her play the organ. I smiled as I realized that my mother and my daughter and I have been able to play the organ for our church congregations. I love that connection.

I am grateful for a flexible work schedule that allows me to get away on quick road trips. I often sit at my desk doing invoicing at midnight so I can sometimes play during the day, but it’s worth it.

I am grateful for the accessibility of books - audiobooks, hardback books, Kindle books. I love being introduced to an enticing new novel or author in our bookclub that I might never have chosen myself.

I am grateful for a well stocked house. “Hey mom, do you happen to have a set of index cards that have graphing lines on them?” “Well, that’s an oddly specific question, but yes, … yes I do!”

I am grateful for a good set of markers and colored pencils and paints. I love a creative project and having colors handy makes a fun project even more fun.

I am grateful for our air conditioning and heater. I touch a button once every season or so and then never think about it again. Our home just magically stays at a wonderfully comfortable temperature.

I am grateful for game apps on my phone. What did I ever do in years gone by to utilize my moments of downtime?

I am grateful we have been able to run our business from our home. The costs of running an office are lower and our schedules stay more flexible.

I am grateful for friends who enjoy the same TV shows as me and we can text each other on Wednesday nights “Oh my gosh! What just happened? Did you see that coming?”

I am grateful that our kids and their spouses are good people, good citizens, good employees, good parents. I love each of them dearly.

I am grateful for Pinterest. I find most of my recipes and creative projects there.

I am grateful for our very creatively built home (a term a repairman used recently). I look at old videos of our home when we purchased it and during all the construction projects we’ve lived through. A majority of our walls have been moved around over the years.

I am grateful for a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator, crockpot, blender, bread machine etc. Food preparation really is easy.

I am grateful for sharp knives in the kitchen. (I just wish I always had sharp knives in my kitchen)

I am grateful for an orange tree in our front yard. It is heavy with fruit this year and it won’t be long until the fruit is ready to enjoy.

I am grateful for the wedding invitations that are displayed on our refrigerator door. I love celebrating life events with loved ones near and far.

I am grateful for date nights with Dave. We run opposite schedules so often so I love having some dedicated time to spend with my handsome husband. 

I am grateful for Christmas cards. I got our first one in the mail today. Sending and receiving Christmas cards makes me happy.

1 comment:

Melanie Avery said...

This is an amazing list! I love that you still blog and I love your gratitude. It encouraged me to do something similar on my platforms pf media. Thanks mom! I'm grateful for you, the way you raised me, the way you still advise me, the way you do always have the most random things in the house, your support, your trust (I never had a curfew), and your love that shifts as we all grow older and need love in different ways.