Thursday, June 13, 2019

Overheard on Vacation


Cynthia: "This valley is so green and pretty, I love how gorgeous this canyon is. 
Oh, wait, my new sunglasses are making everything look doubly green. Dang, everything just looks normal now."


"You watched all the Star Wars? even every single sequel? ALL the quels?"

"Let's get together for church early tomorrow morning."
"Church at 7? It’s going to be a lonely devotional. Jesus and me will be showing up at 9:30."

Dave: "Look at that woman's toe nail polish - it's so bright!"
Cynthia: "And she's so young that all her toes point daintily in the same direction!"

"Who did this and left it here??" 

Dave: "At some point on my mission, I was hungry to roast some hot dogs."
"They have hot dogs in Japan?"
"Of course! But they're made out of fish."
"You liked them?"
"Yeah, after you eat a few."
"How many few do you have to eat before they are good?"

Playing Chinese Checkers: 
"Kyle has definitely played this before."
Kyle: (after first two turns) "I’m about to win this game."

Melanie: "I’ll have to sacrifice."
Jonny: "You know, you can’t spell sacrifice without team."

Harvey, sitting at the breakfast table, hearing someone come down the stairs in the morning. 
Cynthia: "Who is it, Harvey? Maybe it’s Melanie? Maybe it’s Brady? Let’s see."
Jonny: "or maybe it’s Chris, but I 100% guarantee this early in the morning, it’s not Roxanne."

"There’s a difference between micro sweat and macro sweat."

Brady: "Did you ever play Oregon trail?"
Jonny: "yeah"
Brady: "Did you ever get to Oregon?"
Jonny: "Yes. The highlight of my life!"
Brady: "I always got malaria along the way."

Dave: "More cilantro, please... and more cowbell!"

Brady: (taking video for Chris who was hopping into a FREEZING COLD river). "I took a picture of the snow in the background for perspective.  I almost dropped your phone in the river, but I definitely got your footage."

Harvey: "Agua!"
Dave: "Did you ask for ABBA?"
Jonny : "NOBODY asks for ABBA"

Melanie: "Wait, has this pan already been washed?"
Brady: "Just put it in. The Dishwasher will decide what it will clean!"

Savvy: "MEL!"  
Roxanne: "Melanie, Savvy is calling you. You’re the only aunt she knows how to pronounce."

Dave: "No matter how many times you blow your nose, it’s still full of boogers."

Mel: "Sometimes I think I have jaundice. My feet look yellow. Can adults get jaundice?"
Chris: "Are the whites of your eyes yellow?  I really don’t think you’d want jaundice."
Mel: "Why is yellow the color of jaundice? I’d choose violet as the preferred color."

Melanie: "Did you ever put hand sanitizer on your hands and light them on fire?"
Brady:  "OF COURSE!!"

Mel: "I’m going to draw Savannah next to your picture to put the picture in context."
Roxanne: "Make sure you draw her with a mullet."

Cynthia: "What's a story you've never told your parents?"
Jonny: "My mom was usually with me for all my crazy stories."

Mel: (talking about a nasal spray) "It’s just that it tastes like Vaseline."
Jonny: "Petroleum never hurt anyone."

Squishing into a back seat of a RZR off road vehicle. 
Kyle: "This feels like sitting in an airplane."
Jonny:  "THIS is what an airplane feels like to you? Sorry Dude."

The Love shack 


"If the shack is a-rocking, don’t come a-knocking."
"If the shack is rocking, you’ve probably got foundation problems."

Melanie: "Is this a rich candle?"
Brady: (smelling it) "Yes, definitely rich. It’s in the $9-$14 range."

Everyone to Melanie – “You don’t use a microwave????”

Roxanne – (playing cards) "After this hand I’m going to bed. Oh, wait, ….. it’s only 8:30."

Jonny – "Who still looks at catalogs? Well, who under 75 years old still looks at catalogs?"
Cynthia: "Umm,  I have an LL Bean catalog waiting at home on my desk."

"Glitter is the STD of crafting. You can never get rid of it. "

Melanie: (roasting marshmallows for s'mores) "The biggest bummer of a camping trip is when the graham cracker breaks at the 1/4  and 3/4 ratio instead of in half. "

During a LONG card game
Melanie: "Can I take a break and go to the bathroom?"
Jonny: "Depends"

Reasons that one year olds cry: 

I threw the stick over the balcony and I want it back.
Because my cousin has to take a nap but it’s not time for mine yet.
Because I just ate 17 M&Ms, and I still want more.
My mom won't let me walk on the gravel barefoot. 
Because I want to go outside.
Because I want to go inside.



No comments: