Saturday, January 8, 2011

melanie-isms

"I wish you could breath through your ears to clean them out."

"I don't stutter and I have excellent vocabulary. I use my verbolity very well."

Dave, eating an angel food cake: "This cake is very spongy"
Melanie: "I feel like I'm eating Sponge Bob".

"Whew! I almost had a heart attack. Seriously, my heart almost attacked!"

Rachel: "What are you doing, child?"
Melanie: "I'm beat-boxing and humming at the same time."
Rachel: "It doesn't sound like you're beat-boxing, it sounds like you're from Africa."
Mom: "And it sounds like you're humming a Jewish song."
Melanie: "Hey, it's the best I can do."

Melanie: "We're leaving to go buy a light bulb for my Easy Bake Oven.
Rachel: "One of my piano students got an Easy Bake for Christmas. I told her 'My sister got one for Christmas too, but she's 10 years older than you'."
Melanie: "I'll bet I'm 10 times more excited than she is!"

"We're not making cookies. We're making Cookie."

5 comments:

Lauri said...

what would we do without Melanie in our lives? She's HILARIOUS!!!

I'm surprised you didn't post about your day in traffic school.

Cynthia said...

ha ha. I'm trying to make believe that wasn't really a part of my day.

amelia said...

I'm having fun catching-up on your blog - I love reading about your family. Your kids remind me of me and my siblings. You guys are so close and have a great time together.

Suzanne Barker said...

That Mel is a hoot!

Roxanne Reynoso said...

Melanie is so cute with that short hair of hers! What a beautiul young lady :)