Saturday, May 30, 2009

slip n slide

Melanie talked us into helping her throw a water party at the park this morning. Rachel and Brady thought it sounded like fun, they came along and Rachel invited some of her friends too.
After everyone was sufficiently banged up and bruised from the kamakaze slip and slide, an all out water fight started. The girls spent all day yesterday filling up buckets and buckets of water balloons. When the balloons ran low, Dave gave his team a distinct water power advantage and sprayed the girls with a fire hose.
There's got to be some way to turn videos from my camera right side up, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

We're all tired, sunburned, bruised and sore. But there is no time for naps today. The girls are putting on a dinner for a camp fundraiser in a couple of hours and it's going to be a long (and fun) day.

5 comments:

Lauri said...

I need a phone call explaining this party...where were you? What were you using for a fire hose? Did you have to get special permission? It looks like a blast.

Oh and the cake below looks fun. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Lindsey said...

This looks so painful. I'm glad I didn't come. (not :( really)

If it makes you feel better, I can't figure out how to flip my videos either. Makes me MAD.

OH! Also....Nathan said your brownies are the most heavenly chocolate dessert he has ever eaten. He said even if the icing on the cake (aka the reeses cup) wasn't included, the moist deliciousness of the brownie was enough. I am slightly elaborating on his exact choice of words, but he LOVED them. Trust me.
He also said that Melanie is ridiculously funny. I have been trying to tell him that, but I guess the fund raiser showed him first hand.

amelia said...

Oh, this party looks so fun! ...and slightly painful :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! I'm sure there were a lot of brusies especially for the adults!

I Am Boymom said...

I had the same questions as Lauri and also want to know where you got the big plastic sheet they were sliding on!? My kids would LOVE to do something like that!

The cake below? Wicked awesome!